BT Business Direct and the WEEE regulations
WEEE Regulations for disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
...Information for business customers in the UK
Look out for this symbol!
If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is classed as Electrical or Electronic Equipment and should not be disposed of with other household or commercial waste at the end of its working life.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
The Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations (2006 No. 3289) have been put in place to recycle products using best available recovery and recycling techniques to minimise the impact on the environment, treat any hazardous substances, avoid the increasing landfill and to increase re-use.
For more information on your responsibilities associated with the disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment, please refer to our Conditions of Sale.
UK Battery Directive
What is the Batteries Directive?
- This directive sets out clear guidelines for the collection, treatment and recycling of waste industrial, automotive and portable batteries.
- All batteries are required to be labelled with the appropriate battery label.
- The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection.
How do I know if my product is covered?
If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the Batteries Regulations.
How do I recycle my old batteries?
- Portable Batteries (e.g. Alkaline AAA) can be return to BT Business Direct in person at NLC, Wingates Industrial Park, Westhoughton, Bolton, BL5 3UX.
- Portable Batteries can also be recycled at a local council site - please contact them directly for further information.
- For further information on recycling batteries please visit http://www.recycle-more.co.uk
BT Business Direct's WEEE Producer Registration Number: WEE/CC3810VQ
Registered Office: National Logistics Centre, Wingates Industrial Estate, Westhoughton, Bolton, BL5 3XU