Toshiba R8 Series review
Mobile working has been a hot topic this month. With more and more businesses investing into this new way of working, laptops are becoming a necessity – not just for the work place but for home use as well. Here at BT Business Direct we’re excited about the launch of the new Toshiba R8 business class laptops. Toshiba say “The R-Series isn’t just perfectly portable, it also offers a range of integrated mobility features to keep your remote workers connected and your business moving forwards” We thought we’d check it out for ourselves and see if it lived up to this promise, here’s a list of our top 5 favourite features:
- The laptops are available with 2nd generation Intel® Core processors, these are known for their smart multi-tasking capabilities and giving extra performance on demand. This means that you get a smooth and fast performance and you don’t have to worry about freezing and overheating.
- An extended battery life (of up to 10 hours) means that you don’t have to panic when you forget to pack your charger, the laptops can run all day without needing a regular recharge.
- Built in Wi-Fi, optional embedded mobile broadband, and advanced business connectivity features means you can stay online and connected even whilst on the go.
- The laptops are extremely compact and light so there’s no need to worry when carrying it on long commutes.
- The laptops feel really robust, Toshiba say that the casings are made from durable materials such as magnesium or high-stiffness resin and include innovative inbuilt honeycomb structure and durable hinges, I’ll have to take there word on the resin and honeycomb bits but can vouch for the fact that these laptops feel tough enough for even the busiest mobile workers.
If you have any questions about the series, please tweet us @BTBizDirect and we will get back to you as soon as we can. For further information on the R-Series and other products from Toshiba please click here.