Straight from the Manufacturer – Part One
Last Friday, we had a manufacturer training event for the BT Business Direct Sales Team. I took the opportunity to catch up with each of the reps and find out the scoop on the latest products, including new and exciting releases.
• HP Print – Alongside an impressive HP DesignJet, HP were showing off their new HP OfficeJet 8500 printer which, as well as having ePrint technology allowing you to print from virtually anywhere, also has a cool touchscreen display where you can access useful preloaded apps such as news and common office templates.
• HP Computing – The new HP Z workstations were on display with HP explaining how they can be configured to meet the needs of more demanding users by optimising the way the processor, memory, graphics, operating system and software components work together to deliver massive, whole-system computational power but what they were really excited about was the HP Web OS, you can read more about that here
• Microsoft – Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials was the highlight here, designed for business up to 25 seats, it’s a new, easy-to-use, first-server solution designed and priced especially for small businesses. Cloud was the name of the game here with 2011 Essentials being able to seamlessly integrate into online services such as Office 365, cloud backup and cloud management solutions.
• Toshiba – Showing off their new R8 series, Toshiba were keen to demonstrate how their R8 laptops are thin and light yet still deliver the highest levels of performance and productivity. You can read a full breakdown on the new range here
• Acer – The Acer Iconia W500 was the highlight here, it comes in a hybrid design that combines the portability of a multi-touch tablet and the full productivity of a standard notebook by attaching the dockable keyboard to quickly transform the tablet into a mini-workstation.
• Samsung –Showing us their new range of business laptops which are great for mobile workers with features like optional integrated 3G mobile and new Intel Sandybridge processors. In the new range you can choose from the 2, 4 or 6 series, the 2 series is a built for value work horse, the 4 series is all about meeting the demand for mobility without compromising on performance and the 6 series (coming soon) is the ultimate business notebook for superior usability, craftsmanship and performance.
• Lenovo – had two great new products, one was the new All-in-one desktop PC which should be available early August and is thinner, lighter and more powerful than earlier models. The second we are really excited about – the new Lenovo X1 . It’s a super thin, super stylish laptop range that weighs in at just 700g and features a true infinity screen, SSD hard drives, gorilla glass and a useful quick charge function.
• Lumens – Brought along two different visualisers/digital presenters. The first was a nifty USB powered, portable visualiser on a fully-rotating gooseneck arm. The second was a full size desktop solution with an extremely powerful zoom function which the demonstrated on a £20 note, the detail it captured was stunning.
Keep checking back for more in depth coverage on some of the products featured here and let us know what tech are you excited about in 2011!