Microsoft Enrolment for Education Solutions
Introducing the Enrolment for Education Solutions (EES) from Microsoft Volume Licensing
Enrolment for Education Solutions (EES) is an easy, cost-effective licensing offer that provides academic institutions with assured coverage for desktop platform products with one annual employee count, the flexibility to add products in any quantity and simplified asset management -- all under a single, 12 month rolling term subscription agreement.
We have provided some details about the EES solution below however if you would prefer to speak to one of our public sector team or would like some further information please call us on 0870 429 3320 or speak to your Account Manager.
In today's complex education IT environments, the EES provides primary, secondary, higher and further education institutions:
- An affordable volume based price and the rights to the latest Microsoft Enterprise software products, including: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, Windows 7 Enterprise Upgrade, Microsoft Core Client Access License (CAL) Suite, and Microsoft Enterprise Client Access License (ECAL) Suite.
- The simplicity of counting Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees just once per year. In the UK an FTE is someone who works 200+ hours per year.
- Software Assurance; a powerful combination of benefits that include new version rights, the Home Use Program (HUP), and many other advantages, including tools, and training resources.
- A broad selection of additional Microsoft software products that may be licensed in any quantity.
- Live@edu, which provides email, calendars, document sharing, instant messaging, video chat, and mobile email accessible through many popular web browsers.
- Predictable annual payments with a one-year or three-year term option.
Easy Compliance and Administration
When you license the desktop platform products or any additional products for use on all of the organisation-owned or leased devices within the participating institution, your administrators and users know that the product use is covered. Although you report a faculty/staff FTE employee count when submitting your annual order, all institution-owned or leased devices are licensed to run all products you choose to license institution-wide, during the subscription year. Any new faculty or staff members added to the participating institution are licensed to use the devices running the licensed products.
Your students can also use the licensed product on institution-owned or leased devices located in classrooms or open access labs. To license your students for running products on a device the student either personally owns or is institution-owned and is assigned for an individual student's exclusive use, you may enroll in the Student Option.
EES provides participating institutions the benefits of:
- Easy Compliance: Through the simplicity and predictability of counting FTE employees just once per year you can be confident you are fully covered for the desktop platform products you've selected regardless of yearly fluctuations in employees or devices.
- Customised Solutions: Easily add additional products either organisation-wide, department-wide, or for individual licenses at any time during your subscription term so you can deliver the right mix of technology and services to your faculty, staff, and students.
- Simplified Asset Management: Self-service tools such as the Volume Licensing Service Center enable you to easily track and manage your software assets and Software Assurance benefits from one convenient, online location.
- Low Administration: Subscription licensing eliminates the need to track licenses for the selected desktop platform products on every PC which enables your IT staff to be more productive as they no longer have to track multiple licenses across the institution.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership: Realise the maximum value from your licensing investment with included benefits such as access to current technology, Work at Home Rights for faculty and staff, product evaluation rights, Software Assurance for Microsoft Volume Licensing and Microsoft Live@edu.
EES Desktop Platform Products
EES offers you access to the most recent releases of the EES desktop platform products*. To participate in EES, you start by choosing at least one of the following desktop platform products that you will license organisation-wide.
The EES desktop platform products are as follows:
- Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Core CAL Suite** (Includes Windows Server Standard CAL, Exchange Server Standard CAL, SharePoint® Server Standard CAL, and System Center Configuration Manager CAL)
- Microsoft Enterprise CAL Suite** (Includes all Core CAL Suite components plus Active Directory® Rights Management Services CAL, Exchange Server Enterprise CAL, SharePoint Server Enterprise CAL, Lync Standard CAL, Lync Enterprise CAL, System Center Client Management Suite*** CAL, Forefront® Protection Suite CAL, and Forefront Unified Access Gateway*** CAL)
*The products listed may be replaced by successor products, which in-turn will also be considered desktop platform products.
**Individual CAL Suite components must be ordered organisation-wide but are not desktop platform products.
***Suite additions currently planned and would be available with active Software Assurance coverage on or after the products become available for purchase in Volume Licensing. Because Microsoft must be able to respond to changing market conditions, these plans are subject to change at any time.
You may select individual EES desktop platform products to license organisation-wide, or you may license an EES Education Desktop platform suite, which combines your Windows upgrade, Office, and CAL Suite licenses into one convenient SKU at a price that offers savings when compared to the cost of licensing those products individually.
A broad selection of software and services are available as additional products under your EES. They provide the same License & Software Assurance coverage as desktop platform products. With the exception of Core CAL Suite or ECAL Suite component CALs (which must be licensed organisation-wide based on your FTE employee count), additional products may be licensed for any quantity specified by the organisation, ranging from one license to the entire FTE employee count.
Examples of software products available as additional products include Microsoft Office Visio, Microsoft Project, Windows Server, and Exchange Server. Examples of CALs available as additional products include the SQL Server CALs and Dynamics CRM Server CALs. Examples of Online Services include Business Productivity Online Suite, Deskless Worker Suite, Exchange Online, and SharePoint Online. You can see a complete list of additional products on the Microsoft Product List.
When you license additional products organisation-wide, the software may be deployed on any institution-owned or leased device, including the institution's labs, and can be used by any faculty, staff, or student belonging to the institution. (Not covered by the organisation-wide count are student-owned devices and organization-owned devices that are assigned to an individual student.)
Microsoft Software Assurance
Software Assurance is a comprehensive maintenance offering. It offers a broad range of benefits that help you get the most out of your software license purchases. These benefits are available throughout the software management life cycle, so you can access them when you need them. Software Assurance benefits contribute to the return on your technology investment by helping you with budget predictability, minimized downtime, and improved productivity. And Software Assurance can help you lower the operating expenses for employee development, deployment, and support costs. This programme also offers other advantages, depending on how you activate and use the benefits.
With EES, Software Assurance is included with your software licenses.
EES benefits include:
- New Version Rights
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Home Use Programme
- Virtual Desktop Access (VDA)
- Office Roaming Rights
- Microsoft Office Multi Language Pack
- Extended Hotfix Support
- Cold Back ups for disaster recovery
- Window Fundamentals for Legacy PC's
- Spread Payments
Call us on 0870 429 3010 to discuss your licensing needs